Strawberry Teacup Cupcakes
Ingredients for your teacup cupcakes:
- 8 tablespoons of soft butter/ margarine
- Extra butter for greasing
- 115 grams/ 4 ounces of caster sugar
- 115 grams/ 4 ounces self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 450 grams/ 1 pound (lb) whole fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Grease 6 heavy teacups with some butter
- Wash your hands
- Tie your hair up
- Put on your apron
- Preheat your oven to 180°
Method for your teacup cupcakes
- The first thing you need to do is spoon 2 teaspoons of your strawberry jam in the bottom of each teacup.
- Next in a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy and light. Then you need to gradually add the eggs beating after each one. Then mix in the vanilla essence.
- Then using a sift add the flour to the mixture and fold it in thoroughly using a metal tablespoon. Now you can spoon the mixture into the teacups.
- place your teacups in a roasting tin and pour water so that it comes one-third of the way up the cups.
- Put the cupcakes into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and well risen, to test if they are cooked you should push a cocktail stick into the center of the cupcake and if it comes out clean it is done.
- Remove them from the oven and cover with foil to cool for 2-3 minutes then you can lift the teacups from the tin and place them onto strawberries.
- To decorate you could make some butter or glace icing, but if you want to eat them warm place a few whole strawberries on top of each teacup cupcake and dust them with a delicate amount of icing sugar and they are ready to eat!
CupcakeKid here, I hope you are inspired to go ahead and bake today’s recipe, they look good right!? Please feel free to leave us a comment and send us a picture of your teacup cupcakes! But that’s all for today folks!
Write soon x
Have fun baking cupcakes!